Profile of Beneficiary and Partners
UCD Profile :
The team formed by the LMAB and the UCAGE of the Faculty of Science El Jadida of the University of Chouaib Doukkali (FSJ) has developed research and a training programme in water and environment sciences. These teams have significant experimental experience in water treatment, environmental impact studies and in the management and valorization of waste. Thus, several projects were carried out on a national and international scale. The following are some indicative project titles:
- Characterization and treatment of the wastewater of the Dairy Central Unit of El Jadida Morocco
- Characterization and treatment of wastewater of the olive mill trituration Unit of Meknes
- Phenol bio-removal from wastewaters: put of moroccan olive mill oil industry. PROTAS II P21/39 (2002-2005)
- Catalytic phenol removal from water (2003-2004)
- Development of the alternative farming systems in the salted, arid and semi-arid soils: case of potato in the Chaouia, Abda and Doukkala areas. PROTAS II P 23/26 (2002-2005)
- Chlorination of biodenitrified water. French-Morrocan cooperation. FSJ with Higher Teacher Training School of Chemistry of Rennes (2000-2003)
- Valorization of ashes produced by the Thermic Centrale Unit of El Jadida in the field of the environment (2002-2004).
- ‘Development of tools and guidelines for the promotion of the sustainable urban wastewater treatment and reuse in the agricultural production in the Mediterranean countries (MEDAWARE)’, 2003-2006, Euro-Mediterranean Regional Programme for Local Water Management of the European Commission
The Unit of Environmental Science and Technology of the School of Chemical Engineering of the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA) will be the technical and scientific responsible of the project. The working group of NTUA has a thorough experience in projects concerning waste management and development of waste treatment systems. The main activities of the NTUA include the development of systems for prevention and control of environmental pollution, the development of programs for the integrated management of wastewater and solid waste, the preparation and development of inventory programs concerning the generation of solid waste (municipal and industrial) and industrial wastewater, the development of appropriate schemes for the integrated management of municipal solid waste and other priority waste streams in local and national level, the development of appropriate schemes for the integrated management of hazardous waste in local and national level, the design, construction and operation of systems for the treatment of wastewater, solid waste and hazardous waste etc. NTUA works in close cooperation with competent Ministries and other Governmental agencies as well as various European and International Organizations, providing environmental management inputs for the development and implementation of national strategies and action plans. The Unit has undertaken more than 100 projects, national, international and European
ORMVAD Profile :
The Regional Office of Agricultural Development of Doukkala (ORMVAD) is a state organization under the supervision with the Ministry for Agriculture, the Rural Development and Maritime Fishing. The ORMVAD is in charge of the installation of the arable lands, the management of the water irrigation resources and the development in the area of Doukkala. The action zone of the ORMVAD is 550 000 hectares including 125 000 irrigated hectares. The ORMVAD takes several actions of agricultural development in the area of Doukkala, in particular of it development and promotion of adaptive research in 3 experimental stations, council in fertilization, framing of the farmers and promotion of the companies in the agricultural activities (more than 44 companies created). It is an important actor in the promotion of micro-companies and local employment of the young people in order to promote sustainable development of the rural area.